Can Essential Oils help my journey to stay AF?
Have you tried essential oils? Perhaps you have a diffuser and like your room to smell nice, or perhaps you have tried them for headaches or fatigue. Or, you may be a skeptic who thinks essential oils are the modern day snake oils. I have been curious for a while if essential oils could offer any support during the detox and repair phase after we stop drinking, so I reached out my fellow FNTP (Functional Nutritional Therapy Practitioner) Jodi Cohen.
This conversation with Jodi Cohen, founder of Vibrant Blue Oils has helped me recognize the power that is in oils. Why? Essential Oils harness the power of plants that have been used for centuries for their healing properties. One of the reasons that oils work vs. supplements is that essential oils can cross the blood-brain barrier through our olfactory system, our sense of smell, without having to breakdown through our digestive system and other organs. This can mean a direct path to healing. In particular, we talk about using essential oils to help stimulate the Vagus Nerve and help us reduce anxiety on our journey to regulate our nervous system while removing alcohol.
Jodi Sternoff Cohen is a bestselling author, award-winning journalist, functional practitioner and founder of Vibrant Blue Oils. She has combined her training in nutritional therapy and aromatherapy to create unique proprietary blends of organic and wild-crafted essential oils. She has helped over 50,000 clients heal from brain related challenges, including anxiety, insomnia, and autoimmunity.
- My first ‘rock bottom’ 2:57
- The reset button 5:29
- The science behind essential oils 8:31
- Your blood/brain barrier 11:05
- When supplements can drain your energy 19:42
- The mental and emotional part of EO’s 30:31
- The best place to start 36:12
- Jodi’s book: Essential Oils to Boost the Brain & Heal the Body
- A free chapter of the book: Here
- Take the Quiz to find out where to start at www.vibrantblueoils.com
- Your After Alcohol Guide Teri’s guide to creating your best life after alcohol!