Amanda E. White is a licensed therapist, retired party girl and the creator of the popular instagram account @therapyforwomen. She is the author of the book “Not Drinking Tonight”. She is the founder and owner of the group therapy practice, Therapy for Women Center, based in Philadelphia serving clients across the country.
People are drawn to Amanda’s unique expertise, accessible approach to healing and refreshing authenticity. In her clinical work, she specializes in the overlap of substance use and eating disorders. Amanda is a mental health expert who is often featured in notable publications such as Forbes, Washington Post, Shape, Women’s Health Magazine, Buzzfeed, and more. She lives in Philadelphia with her husband.
In this episode, Amanda shares her decision to let go of ‘cool’ and embrace not drinking. She talks about her decision to live an intentional life and the popularity of her instagram account, which allows her to help women set boundaries vs. rules and normalize not drinking. She shares about her upcoming book “Not Drinking Tonight” and how hopeful she feels that real change is on the horizon.
- Living life as an experiment 4:35
- Her unfounded ‘wedding day’ fear 12:25
- Mental health, anxiety and alcohol 16:55
- Informed Consent 25:23
- 3 parts of the book 33:34
- Taking Risks 39:30
- Instagram Account @therapyforwomen:http://www.instagram.com/therapyforwomen/
- Amanda’s website: https://amandaewhite.com/
- Pre-order the book!: http://www.amazon.com/Not-Drinking-Tonight-Guide-Creating/dp/0306925850/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=not+drinking+tonight&qid=1633106647&sr=8-1