SUGAR!!! It’s a thing, and it’s EVERYWHERE. Whether we’re alcohol free or not, navigating the world of food is just not possible without sugar playing some part. The thing is… there’s ‘added’ sugar, ‘healthy sugar’, ‘hidden sugar’ (the list goes on) so how on earth do we figure this stuff out? We get a guide, that’s how! And today’s guest is just that.
This Naked Mind coach and functional nutritionist Teri Patterson is here to save the day with the low down on the sweet stuff and what we can do to take back control if we’ve found ourselves eating too many donuts over lockdown. Come tune in to get some clear, up-to-date and actionable ideas around sugar.
This episode was originally recorded for the Present and Sober Podcast by my friends Sam Goldfinch and Ellie Crowe and aired on November 2, 2021.
- The truth about sugar when we remove alcohol from our system 5:00
- The part that dopamine plays in wanting and craving for sugar 5:00
- How a sugar reset can make such a huge difference to our palette 15:00
- Why we need to educate ourselves about labels – natural sugars 23:00
- Teri’s hopes for the future of alcohol in society 40:00+
- Why compassion is so key on the journey to healthy habits 50:00+
- Some awesome tips and tactics for how to reduce sugar starting today 60:00+